October 10, 2012

BTW - Winter Inspiration

I'm not rushing things here - I'm loving every minute of fall.  But I do know that there are holiday shows and gifts to prepare for and my customers need to get a jump on things.  In fact, holiday things were some of my biggest sellers at the show I did this weekend.  So no time like the present to think about presents!

I have 30 beads in my winter collection.  The latest editions are the shabby chic white-washed snowflakes and pine trees pictured above.  My two favorites from last year are the tiny pinecone charms and my striking cardinal pendant.
I would like to add a few more designs to the series and created a Pinterest board to help inspire me.  I love the muted color palette with just a pop of color here and there.  And snow, glorious, wonderful, magical snow!  But not yet though, I'm in no rush!

(Images from Pinterest, please click here to see more details about each photo)

My top picks to compliment my winter collection:


Jess and I worked up these tiny tree pins and they were our best seller last weekend.  I knew it was a crafty crowd and they were smitten.  Which reminds me, I want to do a mitten pin next!  At first I strugged with the idea of not using art beads on a piece.  But they are so cute and still work in with the rest of our holiday line, which is heavy on the illustrative cuteness with snowman, trees and snowflakes.

And now for the Bead Table Wednesday look at the aftermath of prepping for the show we did last year.  There is a table under there somewhere.  Good thing we have two other tables to work on this week, because I'm not ready to tackle that mess.  Sheesh, why don't I have little bead elves that organize things while I sleep?

Check out the Bead Table Wednesday flickr group and share your beady mess or latest creation with us!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What stunning creations and lots of fabulous inspiration for Christmas crafting

KJ said...

I love that snowflake, it just evokes the delicate colors and the quick touch of cold of a snowflake.

The beaded tree is great.

Becky Pancake said...

I like your beaded tree. I guess that I am tender-hearted about Christmas.