November 2, 2012

Bare Branches Blog Hop Reveal

 
Welcome to the Bare Branches Blog Hop!

I'm late to my own party, that seems about right!  We have been busy packing orders and my house at the same time.  Thankfully my sister came to rescue last night and we packed for hours and hours.  

Last month I sent out kits with the teal branch beads that were used by Cindy Wimmer in Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Book.  I included glass, stones, pearls, sari silk and brass pieces to round out the bead mix.  

I only added a few pieces of my own to the mix, including this awesome glass oak leaf by Susan Hager, one of my favorites!  In my mix I also threw in the large leaf pendant, oak leaf pendant and the chain.  Everything else came from the kit.

I went with a symtertical design for this challenge, adding in lots of interest with texture and shape.  I wanted the feeling of leaves floating down a dark river, just like the scene from my retreat last week with the autumn foliage caught up in the current of the Black River.

 Matching earrings, because hey they were just begging to be made!

My blog hop participants:
Andrea Ross
Erin Prais-Hintz
Cherrie Fick
Stephanie Haussler
Becky Pancake

We had a few more, but life has a way of sneaking up.  Enjoy visiting each of these talented ladies to see what they created with their Bare Branches mix.

12 comments:

Gina Chalfant said...

Beautiful, Heather!

Michael and Cherrie Fick said...

Heather, Love your necklace. It is fun to go in a long focal like that. I don't think I have tried that yet. Always an inspiration and love this color pallet and the chance to play.

Wendy said...

Beautiful, I love the autumn feel to the pieces

Maplegirl said...

I love all the leaves, especially at this time of year. Beautiful pieces.
Andrea

TesoriTrovati said...

Well, my friend, you never cease to amaze me! I love those earrings especially with the long leaves. And I do see the reference of the water and the leaves. That is exactly what that river behind the retreat looked like! Thanks for sharing this fun hop with me! Enjoy the day. Erin

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

Really beautiful!
Sonya

Alice said...

A beautiful necklace. I love that your inspiration came from the scene at your retreat. And those earrings are just gorgeous with those autumn leaves.

Libellula Jewelry™ said...

Beautiful! I love the colors, textures, and all the components that were combined to make the set.

Marie Cramp said...

That is just gorgeous!! I really love what you made <3
I would have joined you, but I did not know about this one.

Anonymous said...

Really cool design

Becky Pancake said...

Great job Heather. I think that the Aqua glass oak leaf is fabulous. The floating leaf from your retreat is a wonderful idea. Thanx for including me in this fun challenge.

Toltec Jewels for Jewel School Friends said...

Congratulations on your dream home coming true, and how exquisite to live near your friends and family, and the beach.

I loved working with your beads immensely -- they are healing, powerful, beautiful.

The jewelry you created feels so full of energy; yes moving, journeying leaves effortless floating with the current, like our lives when we let go and simply enjoy -- everything falling into place, becoming all we'd imagined and hoped for.

Thank you for hosting this beautiful hop. I'm honored to have created with "Bare Branches" -- quite the experience for me!

namaste,
Rita
(http://www.jewelschoolfriends.com/2012/11/humblebeads-bare-branches-blog-hop.html)